Shop, shop, shop without a stop!

So I am just getting worse each day. Other than binge eating, I am indulging in binge shopping. I have never been an impulsive or compulsive shopper. When one thing comes to mind, I weigh all the pros and cons, necessity, cost, etc and only then make a purchase. Sometimes I used to purchase books impulsively on the Kindle store at discount offers. But that was it. Now I find myself planning a purchase every alternate day, and though some are as cheap as Rs 200, some go up to a few thousands.

I don't know how my husband is tolerating this, but he is <chuckle>. If I were in his place, by now I would be reprimanding him as to what was wrong with him and whether he was out of his senses! But poor guy, he is managing! But then I made a big saving too, so I think I deserve the small indulgences at least. What? Needs some bit of an explanation.

I was planning to buy a laptop, since I intend to write a lot more and it is a pain to type long text on the smartphone. I have a tablet too, but again typing on the screen holding on to a big tablet is also a task. I started researching about the various laptops and the various technical specifications and what I might need. I am an occasional tech freak. When I want to buy a gadget, I will go about finding the lengths and depths of it all. After a lot of study, I decided I need minimum intel core i5 processor, 6 to 8 GB ram, 2.4 GHz processor speed, 1 GB memory, and do on. Now if you do understand, I need to be "up to date". If I buy something, it has to be close to latest, if not latest. And no laptop of such a specification comes below the price of at least Rs 50,000. I didn't want to spend that kind of money. So I kept browsing Amazon, and voila, look what I found!




Now this is a multi device bluetooth keyboard. Sounds confusing, but it is not! Go to Amazon and check out this amazing piece. It is simply

  • a basic wireless keyboard
  • that runs on two small batteries
  • connects to three devices 
  • using bluetooth. 
Yes, that is all! The MRP is around Rs 3000 but on Amazon you can find it at about Rs 2100. I know what you are thinking, so where is the i5 processor, 2.4GHz speed and so on? Look, I pondered a lot over it and realised that my current issue is typing, and my tablet has all the necessary applications, so why spend unnecessarily? At the given cost, even if I use this keyboard for two years, it is an investment worth made. And when I really need a laptop, I can always buy it later, after all, technology keeps changing everyday! If I go by this calculation, I have saved at least Rs 48000. So yay!

I am so in love with this thing, it works like a charm! The keyboard, I mean. It can connect to three devices at a time and work simultaneously on each just by turning a small knob. The size, shape, and design is simply beautiful and functional. If any of you need just a typing device, I will strongly recommend this! Plus, it has an inbuilt crevice to hold your tablet and/or phone. So when I am using it, I feel like I am using a highly advanced device, with a touch screen and small keyboard along with being wire free! Yes, no wires! Yippee! You're welcome.

Hmmm so coming back to the shopping spree, I have been shopping for few clothes, and mostly things that will help me in home decor at less cost, or almost nothing. I have purchased some glitter, glue, set of paintbrushes and a big box of acrylic paints (which my kids have been eyeing and I have given them a strict NO to even touching them!). Here you can see what I made of it.




I also spent on the flowers/plants you see here. I was absolutely elated to see how it turned out, though not perfect! It gives you a feeling of satisfaction. I have been doing a lot of beautiful and feel good decor DIY attempts. You should try it sometime to know how it feels. Let me know in the comments if you have tried making something just for a look good/feel good decor piece or home decoration. I've done a lot for my desk and I feel a sense of pride everytime I look at it and it makes me feel nice :) This is how it looks:


 A lot for today! If there is anything specific you like to hear from me, let me know in the comments. Take care!





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?