Music, music!

I managed my 8000 steps today! Yippee! :)
Little drops of water make the mighty ocean!

I didn't specially go for a walk today. I enjoy listening to music and zone out myself from the rest of the world while I walk in circles in the nearby lane. Sheer determination and fear of being thought of as crazy keeps me from raising my arms and flailing them and moving my waist in filmy style. So cheesy, no! But when I listen to good music, I always feel like dancing. I like long drives and slow music. Fast walks and peppy music. And so on.

I think music is eternal. It is somehow linked to a lot of memories. For example, kuch kuch hota hai reminds me of my tenth standard when the whole lot went crazy over Shahrukh and Kajol and how Rani's micro minis were the talk of the town! Dil se reminds me of time being still, me sitting doing nothing and simply listening to the soothing tunes over and over again at my dad's place in Bangalore, in lush greenery, or in the car, or at my desk while staring at the neem tree outside the window, where a new bird perched every now and then.

Chikni chameli gets me irritated instantly in any era. So does baby doll, my name is sheela, chaar botal vodka, johny johny, hookah baar, chhote chhote peg laga, pila de deewani.... You know what I mean? Some songs are gems that never lose their shine and you can sing them forever. Like Ek din bik jaayega maati ke mol, jag mein reh jayenge pyare tere bol. Some are mediocre, you don't love them but you don't hate them either. And some just make you puke. Not literally.

Sometimes I think Bollywood has run out of good lyricists. Or good ideas. Or the time to think of good ideas. Whatever it is, they're wasting our time and brain for sure. What? Listening to crap is wasting your brain, alright? In fact, the song from the flop movie Refugee, Panchi nadiyaan was also quite good, if you listened to it carefully, in comparison to all these songs.

I also don't understand the thing with remakes. Why do you need to RE make perfectly fine songs?! And one of them actually has a tagline in the beginning, oh god, one more remix! See the irony? You know you're being stupid, and yet you're so excited about it! Like a pickpocket who has decided to give up stealing, but his hand automatically slips into a pocket when he sees one. Then he also blames the pocket, that it was not supposed to be full of money in the first place to lure him. Well, well!





2 comments:

  1. Latest to add to headache is this rap songs in hindi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which ones are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?