What the hell!

Do I sound weird today? <chuckle>

The thing is, some pipe has broken in main Bombay so we have a shortage of water at my place. Grrr.
So tomorrow I need to get up early to fill up as much water as I can (before others fill it all up and finish it) and try to complete the daily chores before the water runs out. Not a big deal, right? Yeah maybe because YOU don't have to do it :P

The slightest change in my routine irritates me to the core. We humans in general are averse to change. Come to think of it, it's not such a big deal to get up, say half or one hour early, and start with the day. In bargain I finish my work early and actually get more time to do whatever I want - whether I choose to take care of other impending tasks or play with my angel and just 'chill'.

I still sympathize with myself, poor me, why do I have to get up early? Why me? And I am, sort of, blind to others' trauma. Like my maid's. He is out working all day from 7 to almost 11. How does the shortage effect him? He wakes up at 4 everyday to fill water for his home and today the supply was delayed by 4 hours; his entire schedule was disrupted and he had to work without a break. Mind you, physical work is tougher to do with no space to breathe. And I am lazy to get up one hour early even to do yoga!

What I learn here is - accept change more openly and always remember there are others out there whose life is much more worse than yours. What say? :)

Love,

Niki



 

1 comment:

  1. loved this article nikki. in the beginning i thought you would crib about it but the positive outlook makes a difference. instead of thinking the 10 hours at work, i'll remember wipro gym trainer who is working from 6 am to 9 pm...

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?